DRAW-SVG is a free online drawing editor with additional tools for generating, optimizing, converting your drawings and sharing them with a community.
- Designed for all content publishers, info graphic designers and developers.
- Edit your drawings with a powerful SVG editor.
- Browse, publish, share and comment drawings with an original graphic social network.
- Create memes with your favorite pictures and photos.
- Turn your photos into Impressionist drawings with Photo to drawing Tool.
- Discover the use of the editor with the interactive learning Showcases Tool.
- Generate your own shape catalog to insert in your drawings.
- Optimize the size of your SVG files before publishing them.
- Convert your SVG drawings to PNG images for publication.
- Encode your images (svg, png, jpeg) in base 64 for insertion into your HTML pages.
- Pure HTML5 and CSS styles
- Optimized for Chrome & FireFox, compatible with Edge, Safari and Opera.
- Touch device compatible.
- Integrate DRAW-SVG editor in your website with developers integration API.
- Customize the UI with your own application.
- SVG editor available as desktop application on github.
Version 10-0on May 2022
Version 9-9on April 2022
- Logical operations on closed shapes
Version 9-8on March 2022
Version 9-7on February 2022
- Insert curve intersection points editor
- Remove box constraint editor
- Remove connection constraint editor
- Remove clippath constraint editor
Version 9-6on January 2022
Version 9-5on November 2021
- Splitting features into two profiles user profiles
Version 9-3on June 2021
- Added select layer action,
see select and edit object's layer
DRAW-SVG tools are online tools totally free and easy to use, full documented and professional qualities.
- Use the editor to create and edit your drawings.
- Optimize their size with the optimizer tool.
- Share and publish them with the board tool.
- Generate kinds of aquarelle with the photo to svg generator tool.
- Create easy simple memes with images.
- Discover how to use editor features with the elearning tool with use cases animations.
- Generate your personal shape catalog to import in the editor to customized it with your interest field.
- Use additional web designer tools as the png format svg converter and the image encoder to enrich the contents of your html pages.
DRAW-SVG editor is also available as desktop application, download it from github.
- A basic profile comprising all the common functions for editing an SVG document
- An expert profile with additional advanced features intended for users specializing in SVG
The basic profile is free to use with no identification required.
The expert profile
Drawsvg is referenced by many websites
- From fixthephoto.com:
- From sitepoint.com :
Maybe you have already found your free Web-based SVG editor among the apps so far but if you haven't, here is more. DrawSVG is a fully standards-compliant SVG editor with many features.
What I really like about it is that it looks like a web application (i.e. menu on the left click to open submenu etc.) rather than the appearance of a desktop application brought to the web. With DrawSVG you can draw, modify, and render objects. This includes drawing basic shapes, Bezier curves, straight and curved text, numerous stroke and fill styles, etc. You can also export your SVG to PNG.
The functionalities are organized into three categories of tasks:
- Tasks to manage documents (33 tasks, opening, saving, etc.)
- Tasks to draw elements (34 tasks)
- Tasks to modify the selected elements (88 tasks)
Each task is associated with a user profile
(basic or expert), visit
this links (document,
editors) to explore them.
See showcase tool to review tasks in many use cases.
User documentation is also available.
Below are main features ordered by usual themes.
Discover DRAW-SVG editor features with showcase tool
In addition to the online documentation, the DRAW-SVG editor has an interactive tool to learn how to use its functions with animated tutorials that demonstrate a large number of use cases called "showcase".
- Showcase can be replayed step by step or full continual.
- Reproduces user actions directly on the DRAW-SVG GUI.
- Indexed by keywords to easy find and select a use case.
The tool has 105 showcases which are classified into 13 categories
An original graphic social network
Is a social network that manages signed topics
composed of a drawing and a description classified by
keyword and emojis.
Topics can be commented and followed by answers to build threads.
- Search latest topics by tags, keywords and emojis.
- Browse selection.
- Upload topics drawing.
- Sign In with a google account to add, comment or reply topics.
- To add a topic, select the topic's drawing creation mode from 4 different (from an image file, from a svg file, new meme, start new svg), then set the description and its classification by tags and emojis.
- Reply to a topic by completing its drawing with the editor of DRAWSVG or by a new drawing.
- Edit your topics, drawings and descriptions.
Creating a meme is very easy
A "meme" is an image with an added message on it.
- Choose an image or a photo.
- Define the meme size.
- The meme can have up to three captions (top, center,bottom).
- Select a caption, enter its text.
- Adjust the text style.
- Background style and advanced properties (stroke color and filter).
- Then save the meme in SVG or PNG format.
- Finaly you can edit the drawing with the editor of DRAWSVG.
Generate kinds of aquarelle with the photo to svg generator tool is very easy.
- It is achieved by reducing the dimensions of the photo and its number of colors.
- Then by extraction of the contours of the colors with filtering and smoothing of the vertices.
DRAW-SVG developer tools are free software released
under the GNU LGPL for non commercial usages.
Commercial usages requires licence agreement.
With these tools you can integrate drawsvg editor inside your web site.
- Request an API Key to activate your DRAW-SVG integration.
- Then download Edrawsvg distribution.
About the company
DrawSVG.org is a french company (SIREN 893 836 361) owned by Joseph LIARD
Partners and associated tools
Stephen McLaughlin and Bart Butenaers, contributors to NODE-RED (the flow-based development tool for visual programming).
- Provides professional editing, writing and illustration services.
- Has contributed to DRAW-SVG especially to the development of multi-language document functionality.