Release notes exist since version 2-0 (2013).
This document shows only the most recent.
8-6 November 2020
- New constraints management.
Constraints are executed in background after each user action on impacted objects
- Link points between objects with connect constraints.
see showcase constraint connected point.
- Fix decimal bug on coordinates packing (float overflow).
- Fix JsChannel NPE exception.
8-5 October 2020
- Code optimization, reducing initial load from 824 KBytes to 652 KBytes (edrawsvg measures, total code size is 2 173 KBytes).
- Replace quit button of floating menu by a quit action.
see showcase floating menu
- Added a menu with quick actions to the transform function to simplify common transformations.
see showcase transform elements.
8-4 September 2020
- Style properties can be set before drawing objects and outside editing objects.
They are applied to default styles.
see showcase drawing lines
- Selecting with target highlighting is enabled by default.
Point and object highlighting modes are exclusive,
see showcase target highlight.
- The move task replaces the selection box with highlighting each selected object.
This makes easy the adding or removing object from the selection.
see showcase select elements.
- New showcases quick start drawing.
Continuously playing showcases of a section, see tutorials
8-3 July 2020
- Drawing geometry objects with point capture, see showcase point capture.
- Target point highlighter to easy point select, see showcase select points.
- Point move task for large objects (paths, polylines, polygons), see showcase edit point.
- Task for merging points to connect geometries, see showcase merging points.
- Text editor, empty return lines bug fix:
When the Enter key is pressed on an empty line, a space is added with xml: space = 'preserve' to keep the line visible
otherwise the line is not displayed by the browser.
- Added the delete key to remove selected objects.
8-2 June 2020
- New optimize tool to reduce svg file size before publishing, see documentation.
- New target highlighter to easy select objects, see showcase target highlighting.
- JsChannel API, added backgroundImageURL parameter to loadStringSVG, unloadBackgroundImage to getSVG, see API.
8-1 May 2020
- New geometry panels for path, polyline, polygon objects
see showcases path properties,
- Smoothing free path see showcase draw free path.
- New drawing repetitive mode, see showcase repetitive draw.
- Styling multiple objects together, see showcase.
- New showcase copy style.
- New dev tool scroll widget.
- Fix XmlSerializer result, remove quotes insertion inside url style url("#arrow10-8-left").
- Pack coordinates and dimensions decimales.
- Path and circle arc editor, resume transform with one undo/redo function.
8-0 April 2020
- Optimized svg menu loading, reducing loading time from 300 to 150 ms.
- SVG menu background set as transparent, to allow edrawsg customizing color theme.
- Getting SVG code when document save, copy paste from drawsvg to another tool.
- Loading SVG code when document create, copy paste from another tool to drawsvg.
- New drawing tasks: horizontal, vectical lines,
- New showcase drawing arcs.
7-9 March 2020
- Customizing the SVG editor User Interface with the Edrawsvg API.
- Sample application drwapp.
- Drawsvg customizing API.
- Documentation Customize DRAW SVG UI.
7-7 January 2020
- New tool to generate a custom shape catalog and import it into drawsvg editor.
- See customization documentation.
7-6 December 2019
- Layers management, see showcases :
- Disable menu animation due to a malfunction on FireFox.
- Edge browser support.
- Showcase tool, added touch device support, check widget enabled state when dispatching event on it, check mouse-down event listener, new fast mode.
7-4 October 2019
- New Font Awesome icons drawing task.
See the showcase drawing FontAwesome Icons
- JsChannel API, added getSVGObject method and 'modified' property to getSVG and Save Service.
- Fixed 'ShowSaveDialog' option of Save Service.
7-3 September 2019
- Added in the floating editing menu, shortcuts to repeat the last drawing actions.
See the showcase Shortcuts
- Optimized initial payload with loading editors on demand.
7-2 July 2019
- New look and new logo
Full logic refactoring for more extensions.
Faster startup loading.
7-1 Juin 2019
- Image load dialog, added resolution chooser to optimize image payload.
- Fixed XML serializer Chrome bug.
7-0 May 2019
- Update Google Map integration
Google Map does not supports anymore anonymous requests.
Queries need now a user API key.
So SVG image elements cannot refer directly to the google map query.
That was the basic principle of Google Map integration in DRAWSVG.
To solve this problem, the requested map is now encoded inside the image element.
See the showcase draw map
6-4 February 2018
- New Photo to drawing tool.
- Redesign of the home page and tools using w3.css styles.
- Moving tools into a separate entry point.
6-3 January 2018
- Remove videos in preview of the save panel.
- Highlight the multi-language text selector with the fill property.
- Fix filter path script.
6-1 October 2017
- Improvement of the text editor.
- The new version of the text editor includes sub-string selection, list formatting, styles, tabbing, alignment, and link insertion.
6-0 September 2017
- CSS styles management.
- Add the CSS styles tab to the element properties panel and the CSS class edit panel in the Document menu.
- Rich text, increasing the panel size and changing the style of the body element in transparent background color.
5-9 August 2017
- New layer functions for the integration API.
- Fixed the Chrome sizing bug of the foreignObject element for the "Chrome / 59.0.3071.115 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64)" agent.
- Improved animation of the accordion widget in the menu.
5-8 July 2017
- Technical Migration on GWT 2.8.1
- Rewrite media management to integrate the constraints of the Chrome foreignObject with a script that adjusts the media dimensions according to the browser (FireFox or Chrome). The SVG document produced with media supports and adapts to FireFox and Chrome browsers.
- Added YouTube media.
5-7 May 2017
- New showcase tool to demonstrate how to use Draw SVG
- Manage multilingual documents and texts
5-6 October 2016
- SVG load dialog box, fixed bug width and height values converted to 100%. Now retains a file's original width and height values.
5-5 August 2016
- Drawing tasks for rect, image, map, svg and video ensure minimum size.
- The selection of an element with an unsupported system language, display the element with a computed bounding box in place of SVG BBox.
5-4 June 2016
- New default document dimensions equals to default which are adjusted to the Draw SVG window.
- Changed the SVG dimensions dialog box to control the ratio window/viewBox dimensions with two buttons to adjust the dimensions of window and viewBox.
- New tool to browse children. This tools is enabled when the selected object has child elements.
- Floating Tool menu displays icons in two columns when the number of functions is more than 5.
- Emoji tool added to Shape menu.
- Shape digit drawing task, default stroke style defaults to non-scaling-stroke.
- Load SVG dialog box, computes viewBox when undefined with a minimized window.
5-3 May 2016
- Removed the vector-effect property (SVGsvg 1.2) from the default stroke style.
- Added selection of elements by rectangle, and select an anchor element's children.
- New option to oOpen SVG.
5-2 April 2016
- Added a file name text field to the Save dialog box.
5-1 March 2016
- The integration API added the getSVG function to get the current SVG document.
- Optimized menu resizing..
- Strengtheneding pathseg polyfill API (fixed a Chrome bug).
- Syntax lLabels changed to have first letter capitalized.
5-0 February 2016
- The integration API added the setDocumentMenu function and parameters (showSaveDialog, fullWindow) to loadStringSVG function.
4-9 January 2016
- Chrome release 48 support.
- New option of the document visual editing size.
4-8 December 2015
- Added support for Chrome release 48.
- Media menu added for drawing controls with three types (audio, video, rich text).
- Added textPath with vertical offset dy attribute.
- Added dx,dy fields in the Geometry tab.
- When loading URL, fixed a bug for cross origin security exception.
- Fixed bug for moving svg element.
- Improved the media controls supports on Webkit browsers.